The workplace is a wonderful place to get to know a person and start a romantic relationship; so if you ever find yourself crushing on a colleague, here is a guide on things to do and you should never.
This is because the difference between having a great relationship and feeling terribly embarrassed largely depends on how you act based on those feelings and manage your emotions.
Ask yourself these questions:
If you are drawn to a colleague, in earnest, you should sit down and discuss the situation with the following questions:
1. Do you really want a relationship or an adventure? If what you want is an adventure, it is best to control the attraction and let it die. You would not want the stress and discomfort that comes with having sex with a work colleague who later will catch feelings, refuse a leave to go and make things disaster for you.
If you are not interested in something long-term, it is recommended to let the attraction towards that colleague dies.
Speaking of commitment, if this person gave that yes and things go well, you might end up spending all day at work and at home with them. Are you the type of person that would thrive in this or not?
What to do
If your attraction is genuine and it starts the relationship, there are things that you and your partner should be doing:
1. Stay professional, sin matter how ardent or faded are the emotions. If you must go out with a coworker, you must find a way to stay professional in your work at all times.
2. Even if the company doesn’t frown on employees who know each other, you should still inform management.
3. If your favorite person in the world turns out to be a colleague, don’t forget to enjoy it while it does.
4. Also, plan an exit strategy. One of you can request a brochure to leave the work for another place. Discuss the exit plan with each other.
What not to do
1. Don’t kiss and tell to other colleagues. You do not want your essence to be the subject of the conversations of lunch.
2. Do not place your relationship in time of the company.
Keep all correspondence private and romantic outside of the communication channels of the company.
3. Do not flirt outrageously at work, can be embarrassing and uncomfortable for other people.
4. Sex in the office is a no, no.
Oh, well, if you must do it, just make sure you don’t get caught. By human or security cameras